4 Feb 2020
If you only get one chance to visit Breckenridge, Colorado (and let’s hope that’s not the case) there are certain things you just can’t miss! From dining and entertainment to the slopes and history that brought it all here – here is your top five can’t miss Breckenridge Winter Bucket List!
1. Ski! Ok, this is obvious but you simply cannot miss the world-class skiing that is Breckenridge Resort. Never been? Take a lesson from the experts. An expert yourself? Explore back bowls covered in knee-deep powder. Offering over 2,908 acres of terrain, 187 trails spread across five peaks, and snowmaking on over 600 acres, you simply cannot miss an opportunity to ski or ride at Breckenridge.
2. Wine and Dine! Book a reservation at the favorite Hearthstone Restaurant. Set in the renovated 125-year old Victorian-era home of the Kaiser family, the Hearthstone menu features locally farmed and seasonal products, including meat, fish, artisan cheeses and fresh produce. Enjoy hand-cut steaks, wild game, and fresh seafood while taking in the breathtaking views across town to the ski slopes and on to the Ten Mile Range.
3. Make family memories dashing through the snow on a one-horse open sleigh! Book a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the scenic and tranquil snowdrifts. Choose from a romantic sleigh ride for two, dinner theater, or a scenic ride with hot cocoa.
4. Take in a bit of history! The Breckenridge Alliance offers historical tours, hikes, museums and more! Learn about the days of the Wild West on a town saloon tour, get outdoors exploring the old mining region on snowshoe, enjoy Victorian tea at the Briggle House, or ski with an expert and learn about the history of the ski resort.
5. The list of festivals and events at Breckenridge is extensive. From praising the Norse God of Snow at Ullr Fest to celebrating the International Snow Sculpture Championships, Breckenridge knows how to party and has something for everyone. Decide which festival is right for you!
Exploring Breckenridge is fun for everyone! Book your River Ridge Rentals lodging and have the perfect luxury accommodations to return to.
Photo credit to GoBreck.