20 May 2022
The sun is bright, the snow has melted, and the summer solstice is almost here! This time of the year is an exceptional time to visit the mountains with pleasantly warm weather and endless things to do. Some activities you may already be familiar with; fishing, hiking, biking, and dining are a few favorites of the area. But the entertainment doesn’t stop there! Check out some of our top picks for summertime activities below.
- Breckenridge Resort Opens June 17th: The Breckenridge Ski Resort is a great one-stop shop for all things fun-in-the-sun. You can find a plethora of things to do throughout their summer basecamp. They offer scenic chairlift rides, alpine slides and coasters, mini-golf, and a kid-friendly exploration zone. Find more information on their activities and buy your passes on the Breckenridge Ski Resort website.
- Copper Mountain Resort Opens June 10th: Staying in the Copper Mountain area? The Copper Mountain Resort also hosts some spectacular activities through the summer season! You can find a full day of fun with activities like bumper boats, Woodward skate park and obstacle course, disc golf, zip-lining, and much more! Find more information and passes at CopperColorado.com.
- Summer Dog Sledding: Dog sledding is a thrilling adventure in the winter, but did you know the huskies keep working through the summer months as well? The sunny days are the perfect time for them to train up for the next snow. If you’re interested in seeing their summertime routine, visit Good Times Dog Sledding. You can meet the huskies and take a cart ride through the scenic Swan River Valley.
- Make an Escape: For the days when the heat is a bit too much for outdoor fun, try checking out all the escape rooms in the area! For some historically themed rooms, visit the Frisco Escape Room. If the whimsy of a wizard’s enchantment room and pirate treasure is more your speed, head to the Escape Room Breckenridge. Finally, visit the Mountain Time Escape Rooms if you’d like to join the search for the elusive Sasquatch!
- Enjoy the History: Summit County is full of interesting and unique history. Many of the historical buildings in the area have been preserved over the years and visiting these sites makes a great summertime afternoon activity. If you’d like to learn about the history of Breckenridge, we recommend checking out the Breckenridge Heritage Alliance where you can take a guided tour, visit a museum or exhibit, or play at their train-themed playground. If you’d prefer your history with a paranormal twist, take a tour with the Breck Ghost Tours crew. Don’t miss out on visiting some of the other historical towns in the county including Frisco and Dillon!
- Tee Time: Don’t forget your golf clubs because it’s tee time in Summit County! With multiple area courses to choose from, the best option may be to play them all! Start your golf excursion at Breckenridge Golf Club, Breckenridge’s premier golf course with three championship nines. Next, visit Copper Creek Golf Club for 18 holes backdropped by the phenomenal Ten Mile Range. After enjoying Copper, visit Keystone Ranch and River Courses for two more uniquely beautiful courses with breathtaking mountain views. Finally, make sure to take time to visit Mount Massive Golf Course in Leadville, and Raven Golf Club in Silverthorne. Mulligans are optional!
- Off-Roading: Prepare to get muddy! Test your off-roading skills on your very own ATV or take a leisurely trip on horseback as you take in the sights and sounds of the Colorado Mountains. Out of Fairplay, American Safari Ranch offers ATV guided tours available May through October, as well as horseback riding. For ATV rentals, Adventure Times Rentals has multiple ATV types to choose from.
If you’re ready to book your Summit County summer vacation, make sure to start by reserving the perfect vacation home for your group with River Ridge Rentals!