31 Aug 2021
Every year Breckenridge and Copper Mountain slow down a little between the busy summer and winter seasons. While some visitors may think this means there isn't much to do, quite the opposite is true! Below are our suggestions of just a few fall activities to be enjoyed this year:
- Leaf-Peeping: Did you know Summit County is one of the first areas in the nation to witness the changing colors of the leaves? Peak color change occurs from early to mid-September and is a beautiful sight cast against the peaks of Colorado. To see some of the best areas for optimal leaf-peeping, check out this handy guide: Leaf-Peaking Guide to Breck.
- Ghost Tours: What about Halloween, you may ask? Well have no fear, and face your fears with haunted Breckenridge ghost tours! These spooky (and educational!) tours will take you on a historical journey that is a blast for paranormal activity enthusiasts and history buffs alike. Breck Ghost Tours offers several different tours including a living history tour, a strange but true tour, and of course, a ghost tour. Not quite Halloween time? Don’t worry, the tours run year-round! Check them out here: Breck Ghost Tours.
- Horseback Rides: Looking to do something a little more secluded? Why not check out a guided horseback tour of the mountains! Breckenridge is home to multiple stables and of course, beautiful mountain trails to wander through on horseback. This is an activity the whole family can enjoy, and while horseback riding is available year-round, we especially recommend the fall for the best weather and views of the changing colors of the leaves. See more about horseback tours here: Horseback Riding in Breck.
- Train Tours: Have you ever wanted to view the beauty of the Colorado mountains while winding through the peaks via railway? Check out Alpen Glow Adventures for a variety of different train tours, conveniently with front-door shuttle service pick-up and drop-off. They offer a full day of activities that include more than just the train ride, though if the train ride is all you need, they offer that too. See their tour options here: Alpen Glow Adventures.
- Dinner on a Deck: Summit County is home to a host of fantastic restaurants, bars, and taverns. Out of these, several offer beautiful decks and patios where you can enjoy the lovely fall weather with your meal. GoBreck provides this list of the 15 Best Patios and Decks in Breckenridge. Enjoy the fall weather with some delicious food and a cold beer!
- Ice Sports: The weather outside might not be cold enough for skiing, but indoors at the Stephen C. West Ice Arena it's cold enough for ice activities year-round! They host a full schedule of ice skating, hockey, curling, and more through the fall months. You can view all of their activities and schedules here: Stephen C. West Ice Arena.
- Visit Frisco: With just a short 15-minute drive from central Breckenridge or Copper Mountain, you can find yourself in the historic town of Frisco. Here you'll find a multitude of fall activities such as shopping, hiking, dining, fishing, and more. Check out all Frisco has to offer here: Things to Do in Frisco.
Summit County certainly has no shortage of fun activities for the fall months. If you don't see your favorite activity here, we suggest checking out GoBreck's complete Guide to Fall Activities. As always, we hope you enjoy your stay!