5 May 2022
If you’re looking for a dog-friendly destination for a vacation with your furry friend, consider visiting Breckenridge! The area is packed with activities, dining, shopping, and lodging that will gladly host you and your canine pal. Take a look at some of our favorite dog-friendly spots in Breckenridge and the Summit County area below.
- Ride the Breck Connect Gondola: The Breck Connect Gondola is a free lift that takes visitors between downtown Breckenridge and the bases of Peaks 7 and 8. While it’s an obvious attraction for human visitors, few know you can also bring Fido along too! The Gondola is closed for a short time in the spring and fall for the offseason, so check the lift status before visiting on the Breckenridge Ski Resort website.
- Enjoy the Trails: Breckenridge is a fantastic spot if you and your pup enjoy a good hike. There is no shortage of beautifully scenic routes in the area, and most are dog friendly! For some picturesque waterfall views, we recommend the McCullough Gulch Trail. If you prefer more variety of scenery on your hike, check out Spruce Creek Trail and Mohawk Lake Trail. For a path with some interesting history of a long-forgotten rail line, visit the Boreas Pass. Always remember to keep your dog leashed and be on the lookout for wildlife!
- Take a Brewery Tour: If you’re in the mood to try some of the unique brews the area has to offer, why not bring your pup along! Start at Broken Compass taproom, known for their excellent takes on classic European styles. Next, head up to Frisco and visit HighSide Brewing, they have a variety of styles and two levels of space to mingle, though only the downstairs area is dog friendly. Finally, finish the afternoon at Outer Range Brewing where the pups are welcome on their outdoor patio.
- Visit the Dog Park: If you’d like to let your dog socialize with some other furry friends, check out the Carter Dog Park. It’s a free park with one full acre of fenced area for your pup to romp and meet some other canine mountain travelers!
- Time to Dine: Wander around on Main Street Breckenridge and you’ll be sure to see dogs-a-plenty on restaurant patios. Many dining spots in the area are pet-friendly and offer delicious food and drinks for their human companions! Check out Yelp’s Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants in the area to start your search. If you don’t see your favorite spot on the list, don’t worry! Give any area restaurant a call and they’ll be happy to let you know their pet policy.
- Shop for Pet Goods: Whether you’re in need of some basic pet supplies, or you’d like to get a souvenir for your pup, there are several pet supply shops in the area. Animal Lover’s Pet Supply in north Breckenridge offers pet goods and grooming services. If you don’t find what you need there, head up to A&A Pet Supply in Frisco. They feature over 100 products made by Colorado companies and offer a self-service dog wash if needed!
- Doggie Daycare: As much fun as it is to bring your pup with you everywhere on your trip, some activities may require that you spend the day apart. But that doesn’t mean Fido can’t have a fun day on their own! Take them to one of the doggie daycare centers in the area where they can socialize and play with some other furry friends. Breckenridge Dog House offers large indoor play areas and customized groups to best match your dog’s temperament. If they happen to be booked, check out The Dog Chalet in Dillon where they offer a safe environment for your pup to play. Both facilities do book up fast during peak season, so be sure to reserve your pup’s spot ahead of time!
Vacation is always more enjoyable when you can bring the whole family, including the furry ones! If you’re still on the lookout for the perfect pet-friendly spot to stay in Breckenridge, check out River Ridge Rentals' dog-friendly luxury vacation homes.