15 Jan 2020
With the holiday weekend approaching, it’s important to keep in mind a few things during your vacation to Summit County.
1. Pack your patience. Liftlines will be busy and wait times can be lengthy. When at the mountain, the goal of the resort is to get people up the lift as quickly and safely as possible – so pay attention and be ready! Listen and follow directions from ticket checkers, lift attendants, and other resort employees to get onto the lift quickly and safely. Get there early and be prepared. It may be difficult to wake up early, but there is nothing like catching the first chair or being the first to make lines on freshly groomed trails. As the day goes on, the mountain gets busier. Getting there early guarantees a few runs of near solitude.
2. Buy your tickets online and book your equipment and lessons ahead of time. The rental shops, lessons desk, and lines for lift tickets will be busy. The more you can take care of ahead of time, the less time you’ll spend waiting in line and more time on the mountain making turns! For equipment, Black Tie Ski Rentals offers a discount for River Ridge Rentals guests.
3. Honestly evaluate your skill level. There is no shame in being a beginner and learning - everyone started there. Review the resort map and stick to trails and conditions that you are comfortable with. If you’re unsure what level you may ski or ride at, book a lesson to learn the best way to hone your skills and improve.
4. Traffic will be more congested and parking more limited. Consider making plans along bus routes and taking public transportation around town. The Summit Stage offers free transportation throughout Summit County. This option is especially great if poor weather conditions aren’t something you are used to.
5. Make dinner reservations ahead of time. Restaurants will be busy and there is nothing worse than having to wait for a table when you’ve worked up an appetite on the hill all day. Many restaurants in Summit County offer reservations through Open Table.
Bonus tip: be considerate! Everyone, including you, has come to the mountain for a good time. Have patience, be kind, and continue to grow the ski community in the positivity it was founded on!
Summit County is a vacationer’s dream - especially when booking your accommodations with River Ridge Rentals!