5 Jun 2020
There is no better summer escape than a trip to the mountains and this year is no exception! On June 1, we began welcoming guests back to our community as our local public health authority determined we were ready. While things won’t necessarily be the same as in previous years, we are confident that you will still find the mountains of Colorado a wonderful place to spend time with loved ones. There is an abundance of outdoor activities that the whole family will enjoy in our perfect mountain weather! Here are just a few of the options we’d recommend planning for:
- Hiking - Miles of hiking trails dominate the Rocky Mountain region, offering experiences for everyone from beginners looking for a leisurely stroll among the aspens to those looking to summit their first fourteener. Mountain views, glacial lakes, summit sunrises, and plenty of wildlife await those ready to explore the over 200 miles of hiking trails in Summit County. Find our trail recommendations here.
- Golf - Golf courses began opening for the season at the end of May! Find our recommendations for courses here. Be sure to get reservations made online to ensure your tee time!
- Rafting - From an easy cruise on a lazy river to serious rapids for the thrill-seekers, quick trips, and full-day floats – Summit County has something for everyone interested in the rivers! You can view some additional options on our blog!
- Fishing - With its clear, sparkling lakes, mountain-fed streams and rivers as well as trophy-sized rainbow, brown and cutthroat trout, Summit County is a fisherman’s dream. Book a float trip and learn from the experts or find a secluded spot along the shore of one of Summit County’s many lakes and rivers. There are two fishing outfitters in Breckenridge, Mountain Angler, and Breckenridge Outfitters, both can help with guided tours, licenses, equipment, etc. Read more about fishing in Summit County here.
- Gold Panning and Axe Throwing - The Country Boy Mine reopened on May 29th and have a few different activities available for the whole family!
Planning a summer stay in a private rental is by far the best vacation choice. Renting a private home allows you the ability to continue social distancing while still enjoying taking a vacation! As a guest, vacation rentals are a great alternative to hotels in every aspect - on top of being a safer alternative, they offer you much more for your money, additional space, privacy, convenience, and added amenities. Vacation rentals also present you with a unique opportunity to create a more personalized, memorable vacation experience when compared with traditional hotels. Our vacation homes offer multiple bedrooms and bathrooms, full kitchens, and spacious living spaces for the entire group to enjoy!
Ready to plan your summer getaway? Let River Ridge Rentals help you find the perfect vacation rental for your next getaway to Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, or Keystone!
You can read more about our heightened policies in response to COVID-19 including contactless check-in/out, sanitization, and our overall safety measures here.