10 Jun 2022
Breckenridge Colorado has no shortage of entertainment, activities, and attractions that can keep the whole family amused for days. One of the top free attractions in the area is the BreckConnect Gondola. Since its construction in 2006, the Gondola has provided breathtaking views of the mountain and convenient transportation to the town of Breckenridge for thousands of guests. For your next trip, make sure you’re ready with everything you’ll need to know about the BreckConnect Gondola!
Managed by the Breckenridge Ski Resort
For the most up-to-date information on the BreckConnect Gondola, you’ll want to check the lift status on the Breckenridge Resort website. You can also call (970) 453-5000 for more information.
Open Hours and Dates
Like the Breckenridge resort, the Gondola does close for a short period of time in the Spring and the Fall. During those dates, buses are available to take guests up to the bases of Peaks 7 and 8. Through the summer and winter, the Gondola is open daily and unlike other lifts, typically does not close due to inclement weather.
- Summer Hours:
- Open 9:30 AM
- Close 6:00 PM (Final load-in at 4:45 PM)
- Winter Hours:
- Open 7:45 AM
- Close 5:30 PM (Final load-in at 4:15 PM)
Make sure to check the lift status on the Breckenridge Resort website for any changes in open dates and times.
It's Free, Just Hop On!
You read it right, the BreckConnect Gondola is FREE! Not only is it a free lift for human guests, but it’s also free for dogs to ride as well. Since no payment or reservation is needed, you will simply go straight to the Gondola station and hop in. Make sure to enter carefully, the Gondola does not stop and you will need to enter and exit while it is in motion.
To access the Gondola, you can hop on or off at one of four stations:
- Stop One - Downtown Breckenridge:
- 170 Watson Avenue, Breckenridge, CO 80424
- This is the primary stop for most guests to start the ride up the mountain.
- Stop Two - Shock Hill Neighborhood:
- 240 Shock Rd, Breckenridge, CO 80424
- This stop is exclusively for guests and residents of the Shock Hill neighborhood. If you’d like to rent a home in this neighborhood for your next vacation, check out Monarch at Shock Hill!
- Stop Three - Base of Peak 7:
- 1891 Ski Hill Rd, Breckenridge, CO 80424
- This stop will drop you near the Grand Lodge at the base of Peak 7.
- Stop Four - Base of Peak 8:
- 1599 Ski Hill Rd, Breckenridge, CO 80424
- The final stop for the Gondola is also where most guests will depart at the base of Peak 8. From here, you can access most of the entertainment available through the Breckenridge Ski Resort.
Parking and Shuttle Services
The downtown station for the Gondola is easily accessible with several parking lots in the area and a nearby shuttle drop-off point. For parking, check out both the free and paid options available through BreckPark. Most neighborhoods in Breckenridge are also serviced by free shuttles provided through either BreckFreeRide or SummitStage, both of which can take guests from their hotels or vacation homes and right to the Gondola’s downtown station at the ”Breckenridge Station” stop.
Fun Facts and Stats
- It takes 13 minutes to ride from beginning to end, or 26 minutes roundtrip
- The cabs can accommodate up to 8 guests
- Cabs are fully enclosed, and dogs are welcome to ride
- At its capacity, the Gondola can transport 3,000 guests per hour
- It spans 7,592 feet from start to end
- There are 121 cabs in total
- It vertically ascends 391 feet from bottom to top
Tips From the Locals
During the busiest times of the year, the Gondola may have a wait to board a cab. While lines will normally move quickly, your best bet to avoid them is to avoid the crowds. The Gondola is busiest on first opening in the mornings, again before ski school starts for the day at about 9 AM, and finally when the slopes close for the evening. Plan on arriving a little later in the mornings or leaving a little earlier in the evenings to avoid the bulk of the crowd!
If you’re still searching for the perfect vacation home for your next Breckenridge trip, check out the luxury accommodations through River Ridge Rentals! If you’d like to ditch the car for your stay, take a look at one of our downtown homes, all of which are within walking distance to the BreckConnect Gondola!