19 Oct 2022
Imagine the scene: You and your loved one are cozy under a warm fleece blanket. The snow softly falls and glimmers in the moonlight while your horse-drawn sleigh gently rocks down the mountain trail. The melodious sounds of hooves crunching on fresh snow lull you nearly to sleep as you rest comfortably with your partner, both of you sipping your semi-sweet hot cocoa. If this sounds like the kind of romantic escape that you and your partner need, then start planning your getaway to the Breckenridge mountains today. Whether you’re planning a honeymoon, an anniversary, or just an intimate escape, we’re here to help you prepare for the perfect romantic vacation to Breck.
Finding the Perfect Vacation Home
Finding the ideal spot for your special getaway can seem daunting with the huge selection of choices, especially when considering a mountain trip in the Summit County, Colorado area. We’ve found that the best way to narrow down your search is to determine the amenities that are most important to you. Here are a few top amenities people search for in the area and our recommendations for each:
Scenic Mountain Views
- Ullr Haus – The amazing views of the mountains fill the enormous windows of this home creating a wonderful gathering place in the welcoming living area. The home also offers an expansive outdoor deck and hot tub, perfect for nighttime starry peak views.
- The Victorian – This downtown gem offers the best of a premiere location plus scenic views of the peaks and the town. Perched on the side of a hill, the prime viewing spot in this home is via the upper-level deck which features a hot tub for soaking and enjoying the scenery.
- Snowy Pines at Copper – Located on the beautiful Copper Mountain, this home boasts spectacular views from its multiple decks and rooftop hot tub. Wake up in the morning to stunning mountain scenery through the main level master bedroom as well.
Proximity to Nearby Entertainment
- High Street Retreat – If you want to be in the center of all the great entertainment downtown Breckenridge has to offer, then check out High Street Retreat! The home itself offers a warm and inviting escape for when you need to rest after a long day of exploring all the activities in Breckenridge.
- One Ski Hill Penthouse – This penthouse suite at the exclusive One Ski Hill Place hotel is the perfect spot for avid skiers looking to hit the slopes. You’ll have access to all the hotel amenities during your stay and can also quickly access the fun in downtown Breckenridge via the BreckConnect Gondola.
- Alpine Mountain Haven – Perfectly situated in the Keystone area near countless activities, this home is a win when it comes to location. You’ll find hiking trails, fishing, shopping, dining, biking, skiing, and more, all within walking distance of the home.
Standout In-Home Amenities
- Ullr Haus – This home makes our list again with some spectacular amenity extras. These include a traditional indoor sauna, a foosball table, a central wood-burning stove; and an expansive deck with outdoor seating, a gas grill, and a hot tub.
- Pine Ridge Cabin – Experience the traditional mountain cabin feeling in this gorgeous home. Inside you’ll find an upgraded kitchen with steel appliances, a gas range, and a large central island; a pool table in a separate rec room, and an ActivePure air purifier for enhanced protection from airborne allergens.
- Lodge at Cucumber Patch – Fireplaces galore! If relaxing in front of a crackling fire is your top vacation priority, you’ll love Lodge at Cucumber Patch. You’ll find a grand stone fireplace in the living area, plus a fireplace in each of the two master bedrooms. This home also features an ActivePure air purifier and a private outdoor hot tub.
- Wilderness Woods House – If your idea of romance is a quiet wooded mountain home with comfortable furnishings and plenty of outdoor space to spread out, consider staying at Wilderness Woods House! You’ll find the best of the peaceful mountain life while still being only 10-minutes from downtown Breckenridge.
- Quandary Mountain Retreat – Imagine waking up to the sounds of the pine trees rustling as a moose family makes its way through the nearby trees. Quiet mountain life is easy to enjoy in this quaint home located in the beautiful Blue River area.
- Pine Ridge Cabin – Gracing our list again, Pine Ridge Cabin offers the seclusion you’ve been craving. Located mountainside with stunning views, a covered deck and hot tub, and wooded privacy all around, this home is perfect for those looking to escape into the mountains.
Reserve a Table at a Romantic Restaurant
Summit County has nearly endless options when it comes to delicious dining spots. Whether you are looking for a three-course meal, a diverse menu with vegetarian and gluten-free options, or something truly unique, there’s a restaurant nearby sure to fit all your needs. We’ve listed some of our favorite spots for date night below.
- Rootstalk – For an elevated dining experience featuring seasonal dishes and expertly paired beverages, make sure to reserve a spot at Rootstalk!
- Mimo Fancy Tapas – If you’re looking for a more relaxed atmosphere, check out the new Mimo Fancy Tapas on Main St. They offer authentic Spanish dishes and cocktails as well as occasional live music, perfect for date night.
- Hearthstone – For another upscale dining option, check out Hearthstone Restaurant. They offer a varied and unique menu including many gluten-free options. Grab a window-side table for a breathtaking view of the mountains while you dine.
- Ember – Ember offers an amazing atmosphere paired with exquisite dishes for a dining experience that you’ll never forget. Celebrate your fiery passion with a date at Ember.
Add a Special Touch with Concierge Service
Sometimes it’s the special touches that really make a romantic vacation perfect. Once you’ve booked your ideal vacation home, consider adding on some concierge services to enhance your stay. Below are a few services we recommend to create some extra special memories.
- In-Home Massage – Book a relaxing massage in the comfort of your own vacation home. This is a great way to connect and unwind during your intimate getaway.
- Private Cooking Class – Enjoy a night in with a private chef and a hands-on cooking class! Not only will you learn new and interesting cooking techniques, but you’ll also have a delicious dinner as well.
- Photography Session – Capture your mountain vacation memories forever with a professional photography session. Planning on a special mountain proposal during your stay? Make sure a photographer is there to capture the moment!
- Special Occasion Decorations – If your getaway is a celebration of an anniversary, honeymoon, holiday, or just something special, hire a decorator to make sure your vacation home is ready for the occasion.
Unique Mountain Activities and Entertainment for Couples
For a picture-perfect date night on the town, make sure to pair your romantic dinner with some rousing entertainment. Summit County has so much to offer for couples looking for unique experiences and we list a few of our personal favorites below.
- Private Sleigh Ride – Imagine the beauty of a private sleigh ride in the Breckenridge mountains with your loved one. Wrapped in a blanket and enjoying hot cocoa and the awe-inspiring scenery. This is certainly a romantic experience we recommend splurging on!
- Scenic Hike – Enjoying the majesty and peacefulness of the mountains is a great way to connect on an intimate vacation. Depending on the season of your visit, you’ll be sure to find magnificent mountain scenery on the trails.
- Winery Tour – Spend an afternoon trying out the superb local winery options located in the Breckenridge mountains. With several spots to stop and enjoy a nice glass of red or white, you can easily spend a full day enjoying this romantic activity.
- Visit the Theater for a Show – Dress up in your finest evening attire and visit the Breckenridge Backstage Theatre for a sensational Broadway-style show. This recently renovated venue is a Breckenridge gem, having won numerous awards as an outstanding regional theatre.
The key to planning the perfect romantic getaway is to consider the things that truly matter to yourself and your partner. Whether it’s secluded privacy in a quiet home deep in the mountain woods or an exhilarating stay in the busy town center, choose the vacation home and activities that best reflect your common interests and passions. When you’re ready to plan your trip, check out all of the luxury vacation homes offered by River Ridge Rentals.